Housing is a Civil Right

Housing is a Civil Right

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Phelan Hallinan Schmieg update + U.S. Trustee FOIA Attorney Larry Wahlquist faces uphill battle as KingCast/Mortgage Movies mortgage info. request heads toward Federal Court.



Mortgage Movies Appeal FOIA Media Exemption Reply to U.S. Trustee Attorney Larry WahlquistDear Ms. Gilligan/Senator Robert Menendez:


I write by way of follow up to our discussion on or about 1 August, 2011 after your intern staffer advised a homeowner and me to contact your office after the attorneys or staff next door to you at Phelan Hallinan Schmieg called the police on us for no lawful reason, exposing us to potential gunfire or death given the shape of camera I held in my hand at full extension. At bottom of this journal entry I have placed a copy of the correspondence I received from a New Jersey homeowner group echoing my concerns that was sent to your office for your further review and comment. As per the above link, please advise as to your stance on my requested documents and sought relief (i.e. a reprimand to foreclosure mill Phelan Hallinan & Schmieg) as I prepare a bar ethics complaint against them.
****************
As to Attorney Larry Wahlquist covering for U.S. Trustee Lawrence Susmki, who had the nerve to call me a "YouTube cohort" relative to his office overlooking Fraudulent B10 Bankruptcy claims: He might be a nice guy to his family or friends, but as far as I can see in his professional capacity he is a completely disingenuous schmuck. I placed an excerpt of today's letter of appeal below the scribd document for cut and paste convenience.

THE FOIA APPEAL
Dear reviewing counsel:


THE FOIA APPEAL

Dear reviewing counsel:

Certain of your DOJ staff are wasting taxpayer monies and abusing the public trust by failing to provide a press exemption relative to requested FOIA information on mortgage fraud. As 60 Minutes has noted, this is an issue that affects every American in one way or another, yet Attorney Larry Wahlquist conducted no analysis whatsoever of my position as a journalist irrespective of the facts that:

1.         NH U.S. District Court Magistrate Judge Landya B. McCafferty expressly ruled “KingCast is an African-American journalist…..”
2.         NH expressly ruled (in a mortgage website case no less) that website owners in New Hampshire are journalists when they provide news and information that the public may find useful. As you may see on the following page, my journal pages this year have approximately 160,000 hits. Two days ago I posted a video of Senator Kelly Ayotte discussing her failures as NH AG on the FRM Mortgage Ponzi scheme and ignoring my notice of Felony Wire Fraud and it has already 988 hitsPlease pardon the colorful language used to describe Senator Ayotte:
Kelly Ayotte Town Meeting: "She's full of shit...." (and will gut the CFPA) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLS0N_hH-cc
3.         My YouTube page has 244 subscribers, 190,000 upload views and 11,000 channel views. I dare say that is indicative of reasonable consumer interest given that I do not publicly advertise or employ any hit-boosting software.
4.         I am published in Boston area newspapers and television.
5.         I am published in respected mortgage journals on the World Wide Web.
6.         I was a guest speaker at the 2011 New England News and Press Association annual trade show and conference.
7.         The denial of media status is arbitrary and capricious as you may readily determine by the correspondence between Attorney Wahlquist and me.  In point of fact, at the height – or nadir – of his insouciance he didn’t even respond to the letter written below.

Twenty years ago my first job as a licensed attorney was to make the transition from law clerk to Assistant State Attorney, because I believed in our government and in our system of laws. By his (in)actions in this matter it is patently evident that Attorney Wahlquist is disrespecting that system of laws because he doesn’t like what I am exposing. 


********************


THE LETTER IN SUPPORT TO SENATOR ROBERT MENENDEZ

Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 8:51 AM
Subject: RE: Phelan, Hallinan & Schmieg, PC

Hi Ms. Gilligan,

Recently I wrote you, but I just noticed that I made a typo. Although I have not heard from you or anyone from Senator Menendez's office, I am re-sending my corrected letter for the purposes of getting this on and for the record.
Thank you and I hope to speak with you.

First, I would like to commend Senator Menendez for being one of just ten U.S. Senators to sign his name to the recent letter to the OCC, FDIC and the Federal Reserve expressing concern regarding the continuing criminal foreclosure practices by servicers. This brings me to why I am writing you today.

Recently, Christopher King, J.D. of KingCast.net and Mortgage Movies Journal properly filed a Notice of Media Coverage into the case ofWells Fargo Bank, N.A. v. Hendricks, ET AL. which the law offices of Phelan, Hallinan & Schmieg, PC are representing the plaintiff. I'm sure you have heard about Mr. King's disturbing experience when visiting PHS's Newark office. Mr. King is right... given what his camera looks like he could have been shot and so too could the homeowner, Hendricks.

Mr. King's effort to engage with PHS is met with the same hurdles us homeowners face when dealing with them in the courtroom over our foreclosure suits. Members of PHS did not cooperate and blatantly lied to Law Enforcement when they claimed they did NOT know who King was or what he was doing at their office, then ordered gun-toting police to make King and defendant Hendricks leave the building.In the same fashion, members of PHS (officers of the court, mind you) not only fail to cooperate but they lie in open court to judges, while incorporating 'robo-signing' practices inclusive of filing false and forged documents into public offices which are crimes in New Jersey (NJ.S.A. 2C:21-1, -3, -4, -7, and 28-7 and others) in their attempt to steal homes in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. 'Robo-signing' is euphemism for fraud, forgery and suborning perjury.

From personal experience, I have evidence of PHS's fraud upon the court and their criminal acts of filing false and forged documents into public offices which I would love to share with you and Senator Menendez. Of course PHS is not alone, and as I'm sure you are aware, these foreclosure law firm's practices need to be brought to light.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter as I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,
John-Michael: Perseo, Sui Juris
Without Prejudice

4 comments:

  1. Disingenuous? Wow, it sounds like Mr. Wahlquist is projecting. He should be standing in the mirror when he says something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Follow up with Senator Menendez on Phelan Hallinan Schmieg police abuse + FOIA issue

    August 14 2011

    Christopher King to betsy_gilligan,
    show details 11:16 AM (1 minute ago)
    Dear Ms. Gilligan:

    Attached please find my journal update and related questions, concerns and request for documents:

    http://mortgagemovies.blogspot.com/2011/08/phelan-hallinan-schmieg-update-us.html

    Thank you in advance for your time and continued attention to this matter as it is extremely serious. A homeowner group has written your office and echoed my concerns that given the wrong set of circumstances and carless LE the homeowner and I could have been shot. We had done nothing wrong and Phelan Hallinan & Schmieg was aware of my presence and lied to building security.

    Surely your office does not find that to be responsible corporate behavior.

    Kindest regards,

    --
    Christopher King, J.D.
    http://KingCast.net -- Reel News for Real People
    http://MortgageMovies.blogspot.com -- Documenting Deceit
    617.543.8085/m
    617-507-8031/f

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep the pressure on. Stall, stall, stall is the only tool they have when not using the "hard power" like guns and handcuffs via local PD and sheriffs with "orders" from a bogus court judgment by a crooked judge who perjured their oath of office.

    unrelenting pressure is part of the winning formula. attorneys and journalists in this fight should follow your example

    ReplyDelete
  4. I concur with you fully; I just want to say that demanding industry profits is a low down shifty way to tax the poor. The industry will simply raise the cost of their harvest or else they will go out of selling.home purchase

    ReplyDelete